Friday, June 27, 2014

The century mark!

Dear Life,

I own you. Period. There will never come a time when I don't again.


:)


Now that I got that out of the way, on to the fun stuff.

ONE HUNDRED POUNDS. BAM.

As of June 20th I am officially down 100lbs. That is A LOT. Just in case you didn't realize that.
Seriously.. 100lbs. Gone. That is more than the combined weight of all three of my children. I have no idea how I ever carried that around daily, but I can tell you how I lost it.

SHhhh.. wait for it. Here is the big secret.

First.... I started eating to live, instead of living to eat.
Second.... I got off my ASS and did something about it.


It's called OWNING YOUR LIFE, and you can do it too!!!

When I started down this path, my initial goal was to lose 100lbs in a year. Just 2lbs average per week, for the whole year. By the grace of the good Lord above, the help of an amazing woman(Amy), and the guidance of one awesome guy (DDP), I learned how to take control back. To fight the addiction that was killing me. Less than six months after I started, and 124 days after I started DDPYoga, I hit my goal that was expected to take a year.

It seems like it was forever ago, a whole other lifetime. I sat at the kitchen table with my wife, a very broken and scared man. Today I come before you as a new man.
Although this journey has been a lot about physical health, I can't even begin to tell you how it has healed me mentally. I have had nearly as many people comment on how happy and energetic I am now, as I have about how I look.

The even better news! I'm not done yet! I still have more that I want to accomplish on this path. I want to see 250lbs. I was extremely comfortable around that weight earlier in life. It's possible I could take it lower, I plan on shooting for it and seeing how I look/feel when I get there. That is my long term goal now. I WILL get there. My short term goal is to get under 280.

I hope there are still people out there being inspired by my journey. That is the only reason I continue to share this with you all. Although my daily battle with food addiction has become easier, I know it will never end. With that said, I no longer have a fear of a full relapse. It is a great feeling and a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

If you are struggling with an addiction, poor health, or just plain laziness, get a hold of me. I'd love to chat with you and see if I can help you find the way to own your life. There is so much world to explore and so much life for us each to live.

Thanks again to everyone who takes the time to read my ramblings. I truly hope there are those of you out there who have gained some inspiration from this.

Until Next Time


-Just Matt  :)

1 comment: