Sunday, April 13, 2014

Week 6 +7 Update

Hi all.

I finished week 7 of the beginner DDPYoga workout program this week. It's still going fantastic. My diet took a small hit this week. I was on the road for work all week. It's so tough to stay on track when I get stuck out of the house for multiple meals a day. All in all, it wasn't to bad. I managed to minimize the effect by making smart choices when I had to eat out this week.

It's still a daily struggle. Even more so when I'm out to eat with someone other than my wife. It's so easy to just fall back in to the habit of ordering the same things I always have. I'm sure at some point I will get to where it isn't such a struggle to make those good food choices.

The good news is that I killed my workouts this week, and I still continue to feel better by the day it seems. I have developed a personal motto that has really been keeping me going. I have no idea who said it first or where I originally heard it, but I love it.

"What can I do today, that will make me better tomorrow."

So each day I strive to find something I can do, that will make me better tomorrow, than I was the day before. From owning my workouts on the nights they are scheduled, to having a really great food day, to being positive when things are going crazy in life. Small attainable daily goals that keep me motivated.

DDP refers often to a Lou Holtz quote, and it is so true.  "Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% about how you react to it." He calls it living life at 90%. It's amazing what the power of positive thinking, and doing, can do for you.

I have said before that this journey is about so much more than weight loss. It's a journey to health. Mental health is equally as important as physical. Be positive to yourself, and to others.

Good news number 2. I have finished and posted my first video blog, you can see it below!! Enjoy!

Next Sunday will be a big day for myself, and for the blog. I have decided to start doing my updates(measurements, pictures, weight loss) to coincide with my month marks on DDPYoga. So next Sunday will be my 60 day update since I started DDPYoga. I will be adding pictures and updating my .lbs lost and inches lost then!

Until next time

-BigMatt

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to see you going forward on this journey! You are right about it being a 'forever' thing. Good health should be a lifelong commitment--every one of us has to start somewhere. You will certainly be an inspiration to more people than you expect! Keep up the hard work, Matt. You deserve all of the wonderful results you will see and feel from this, and your family does too. :)

    ReplyDelete