Sunday, March 30, 2014

Weekly Update! ON TIME!!!!

I have finally managed to get a weekly update done on time. Fantastic. That is how I would describe this week. It really took a lot for me to reveal this page, and in turn my struggle, with the world last week. The response has been amazing. Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement this week. I'm planning on setting up a you tube channel to go along with this page, so I will hopefully have my first video blog(vlog) up this week. I may wait and do it for my month check in next week.


This week has probably been my easiest one from a diet stand point. I had zero problem staying on track. This is the first week that I can say it wasn't difficult to eat healthy. I even had a great meal with family today, and was able to keep myself on track. I continue to feel my body getting stronger and more flexible. I truly can't believe how far I have come in just three months. I have caught myself looking ahead to the next six months, or year, just excited and curious of where I could be.

This was week 5 of DDPYoga. I was actually able to do an extra night of Yoga this week. I'm finally able to get all the way thru the first workout without having to modify any of the positions, and I'm getting considerably closer to doing the same with the second workout. I'm absolutely still shedding pounds and inches. (I'm only going to update those numbers once a month, unless I hit a milestone in the middle of the month) With that being said, I'll be updating those numbers next Sunday!!!!

I want to scream from the rooftops how amazing I feel. This weekend showed me just how different my body and mind are. Saturday was a long, exhausting, amazing day. It all started by getting pounced on by a two year old at about 6am. Since I was wide awake after the dive bomb by Jack, I decided to get up and knock out an extra fatburner workout on DDPYoga. We left shortly after breakfast and went to our Ella's soccer game. After soccer we had a quick lunch, and headed off to take the kiddos to the circus. The circus was amazing, and I actually was able to FIT comfortably in the seats. After the circus, I immediately left for an overnight fishing trip. Two hours crammed in a truck with two other people my size, then three hours on my feet fishing. Casting and reeling in a 12 foot fishing pole. Followed by two more hours crammed in a truck with two guys my size. I got home about 5:30 this morning and fell asleep about 6.

I told you all of that, to tell you this. I was FINE today. Not only was I fine, I felt GREAT. In the past, a day like that, would have left me miserable, irritable, and given me the desire to do nothing by stay home and veg. Instead of that, I spent today at another soccer game. Then I spent an afternoon and early evening having a great cookout with family.

That is how far I have come in three months. It is truly amazing what you can do, when you make the decision to OWN YOUR LIFE. I refuse to let my addiction to food own my life anymore. I refuse to let my lazyness and unwillingness to get up and be active control my life anymore.


After I shared the blog for the first time last week, I started paying attention to the statistics of who was reading the page. It is truly amazing that this blog had almost 700 views last week. From all over the world. From the US, to Canada, UK, Germany, Denmark, Israel, and Ireland. I truly hope that someone out there is seeing this, and they are making the decision to take control back.

That is why I am taking the time to share this journey with you all. If I can do this. If I can come back from feeling like I had no way out. So can you. Regardless of what your vice is, or what your journey to owning your life will entail. You can do it.

Until next time

-BigMatt

1 comment:

  1. Keep going, Matt! It'll change your life in unexpected ways!

    ReplyDelete