Sunday, April 13, 2014

Additional update because I forgot something awesome!!

I meant to add this to my newest post and I forgot.

There was another amazing thing that happened this weekend. It truly shows how far I am removed from where I was when I started.

My wife's family has an amazing family treasure. Her grandfather bought a 40 acre section of land 30 years ago, that has long been the families hunting land. I was blessed enough after we were married, to be invited to go hunting with them. I fell in love with it. Being down there completely out in the country reminded me of a lot of time spent in my childhood. One of the biggest rules of going hunting out there, is that you have to go for the "work days" during the rest of the year. You can imagine what work day entails. It's hard, sweaty, dirty work, with a good mix of fun thrown in.

Over the last five year, those days have been pretty miserable for me. The work just hurt. I sucked. I only did it because I had to. I only went and was miserable because I love getting to go down with the guys and hang out and go hunting when the time came.

Yesterday was the first work day of this year. It was the first work day, that I truly got to enjoy. I worked my ass off. Building a fence, cutting down and hauling off trees to clear paths. It was an amazing thing. I honestly kept waiting to hit that wall, to feel miserable, and it never happened. Even today I feel pretty good. I also mowed my yard Friday night, then killed a DDPYoga workout before I ever went to the work day.

Three months ago I would have been MISERABLE today. I left my house about 3:45 am on Saturday, and didn't get back to bed until after midnight. When I was woke up this morning before 7 by my sweet babies who missed me yesterday, I wasn't miserable. I'm SORE. Just not miserable, and not irritable. Just healthy, happy, and loved.


Share this story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Until next time

-BigMatt

No comments:

Post a Comment