Saturday, August 16, 2014

180 Day DDP Yoga Update!

180 days.
6 months.

In the grand scale of life, 6 months is such a small amount of time. In the scale of my life, there has never been a more important 6 months that I have been through.

When I started this journey, I set a goal of losing 100lbs in a year. Here we are after 180 days, and I am down 129lbs. It feels like a dream. I don't know when I actually started believing that I could do this. Somewhere along the way, with the help and encouragement of all of you, I started to believe in myself.

If you believe you can do something, you are half way there.

I can't praise what DDP Yoga has done for me enough. It gave me a life line when I thought there was no hope. At 400 lbs when I started this journey, there was no other fitness program I could safely do. I could barely make it through the intro video when I started this.  There have been so many DDPY milestones along the way. Every time I conquer a move that I previously haven't been able to do, it makes that fire to succeed burn a little hotter.

For those DDP Yoga members out there reading this, last week I was able to grab my feet in human cannonball for the first time. THAT was HUGE.

I'm blessed beyond belief to have my life back. I just want you all to know that it has not been easy, no goal worth reaching is ever easy. I have heard a lot lately that it's "easier" for men to lose weight. I want to squash that myth right now. Men may be able to lose weight faster, but I can assure you there has been nothing easy about the last 6 months. Every day has been a constant struggle, a battle within myself. A battle to make the right choice at every meal. A battle to get my ass up, get on the mat, and put in the work. Thankfully I have had plenty of people willing to keep me accountable. A big thanks goes out to my DDPY family, and my amazing wife Amy.

That does not mean that this journey is over. I still have goals to hit, and a lifetime of keeping on track ahead of me. The difference now is that I have the tools to do it, forever. That is an amazing feeling to have.

If you are thinking about starting your journey, stop thinking, DO IT.  You can do it. I believe in you. Seriously. YOU CAN DO THIS.

Here are the stats for 180 days
Weight  268lbs!!!                     129lbs down!
Inches Lost                              76inches  !!!

I put together a little video of all my monthly pictures for the last 6 months. It's a pretty incredible transition. I hope you all enjoy it.


BE INSPIRED!!!

http://youtu.be/0PtrJzQuVF0



Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! Please share!
The blog is up over 5200 individual page views, that means we are reaching and potentially inspiring a lot of people!! Let's keep it going!

Until Next time

- MATT





No comments:

Post a Comment