Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Round 2

Although I just started the blog today, I wanted the first two post to catch everyone up to speed.

2/4/2014

Goal: Exercise 15 minutes a day.

This month, my challenge is to exercise every day. That could be some type of cardio on xbox fitness, a long stretching session, a walk with the kids. Something to change my life from sedimentary to ACTIVE.

Amy and I decided to order and start doing the DDP Yoga program. It is great for folks who can't physically do normal exercise programs. At almost 400 lbs, it's hard on my already torn up knees and ankles to run. So I'm going with an alternative method, that has had amazing results for people in my situation, and those in much worse. It was hard for me to get past the stigma of doing yoga, but I need something.

We did the introduction video on 2/2, it is basically 30 minutes of learning the 13 frequently used positions. I was surprised at how much it was really working my body out, and it was kind of fun.
So we ordered it and will be starting the full program on 2/6 when the DVDs get here. Until then, we are going to continue doing the intro video each evening.

At this point, I'm a little nervous. I know that I need to exercise to reach my goal, I just don't know what I can do at this point. Part of the program is to take pictures before you start the program. I have those and will post the beginning pics, and my 30 day pics together when I get there.

If you are curious about DDPYoga, Go to www.DDPYoga.com. There is a lot of information there, you can also search you tube and see tons of videos about it. I'm anxious to get started and see what it can do for my journey.

Until next time.

-Big Matt



No comments:

Post a Comment